Chaiyapruk Place - Sukhumvit 65 (Listing # PL10008)
The Chaiyapruk Place building was completed in the year 2000. The condominium is located on Sukhumvit 65 in the Ekkamai, Mid Sukhumvit community of central Bangkok. This Bangkok property is conveniently situated near the Ekkamai BTS station. You can walk to the skytrain station in about 7 minutes as it’s only 600 meters away from the Bangkok Condo.
The asking sale price for this Bangkok property is ฿58,000,000 THB (Thailand Baht) which equals ฿139,759 per square meter. As a buyer you will be responsible for a portion of the transfer fee, which may or may not be included in the asking price, please ask your Bangkok real estate agent before you view.
Ekkamai is a largely residential area with the exception of the space around Sukhumvit Road next to the Ekkamai BTS station and Ekkamai Road (Sukhumvit soi 63) which has many shops, stores and other venues. The majority of Ekkamai real estate features many older highrise condominiums which were built before the emergence of the BTS skytrain. Most of the newer buildings are lowrise apartments and boutique condos with the exception of the areas close to Sukhumvit Road and the BTS station which are seeing rapid development with new luxury condominiums.
Since Ekkamai is devoid of tourist destinations, full of schools and quiet it is a great place for families to live in central Bangkok. Ekkamai while largely considered an upscale area has the reputation of being lower class and less appealing than its neighbor Thonglor by some although they share much of 3 sois..
- Ekkamai International School (Sukhumvit soi 63/12)
- Kids? Academy International Pre-School (Sukhumvit soi 63)
- Singapore International School of Bangkok (Sukhumvit soi 63)
- Ekkamai Nursery and Kindergarten (Sukhumvit soi 63)
- Harrow Kindergarten International School (Sukhumvit soi 63)
- Anabel?s Nursery (Sukhumvit soi 63)
- Oeska International Kindergarten (Sukhumvit soi 63/4)
- Bangkok Adventist International School (Sukhumvit soi 71)
- Srivikorn School (Sukhumvit Rd.)
- Health Land Spa (Sukhumvit soi 63)
- Major Ekkamai Shopping Center (Sukhumvit soi 61)
- Eastern Bus Terminal (Sukhumvit Rd.)
- Gateway Shopping Center (Sukhkumvit soi 42)
- 42 Tee-Off Golf Driving Range (Sukhumvit soi 42)
- Big C Supercenter (Ekkamai soi 8)
- Index Living Mall (Ekkamai soi 8)
- Arena 10 Sports Club (Ekkamai soi 5)
- Sukhumvit Hospital (Sukhumvit soi 63-65)
There are fees associated with condo purchase that vary slightly but are pretty straight forward. In addition to the sale price which in this case is ฿58,000,000 the buyer is responsible for part (usually 50%) of the 2% transfer fee. The transfer fee is not based on the actual sale price, but the appraisal price from the land department. The seller is responsible for business tax, stamp duty and withholding tax. Along with the sale price, taxes and fees are somewhat negotiable. If you find a property you like, the purchase process usually begins by making a booking deposit along with preparing the sales contract, this holds the property and allowing you the time to prepare and execute the consequent funds transfers before the closing date determined in your contract.
Financing Your Bangkok Real Estate Purchase
Make sure you have your finances in order before viewing condos for sale. It is often difficult for foreigners to get financing for purchasing property in Thailand. If buying a property under your name with cash you must transfer the money into Thailand from a foreign bank. If you have a longstanding Thai corporation you can also purchase property using funds located in a Thailand bank account. If you are a first time Thailand real estate buyer it is best practice to hire an attorney who is well versed in Thai real estate laww.