Regent on the Park 3 - Sukhumvit 39 (Listing # PL10061)
The Regent on the Park 3 building was completed in the year 1995. The condominium is located on Sukhumvit 39 in the Phrom Phong, Mid Sukhumvit community of central Bangkok. This property is located 1400 meters away from the Phrom Phong BTS station which may or may not be within comfortable walking distance. To walk from the station to the condo and vice versa will take you about 15 minutes.
The asking sale price for this Bangkok property is ฿29,000,000 THB (Thailand Baht) which equals ฿68,720 per square meter. As a buyer you will be responsible for a portion of the transfer fee, which may or may not be included in the asking price, please ask your Bangkok real estate agent before you view.
Unlike the other areas of mid Sukhumvit, Phrom Phong does not have a main road. There are 3-4 sois which could be considered the main roads in Phrom Phong, those being Sukhumvit 24, 26 which go deep in the soi all the way to Rama IV in the south and soi 39 which runs all the way to Petchaburi Road in the north. .
Phrom Phong is full of high-end luxury residences making it one of the toughest areas to find budget condo or apartments to rent or buy. Phrom Phong is home to a large percentage of Bangkok’s Japanese community and it is common to see signs written in Japanese at various locations in addition the plentiful supply of Japanese restaurants and business which cater to the Japanese residents of Bangkok. Phrom Phong is not only home to Japansese but is also a very popular area for expats from Western countries as well as Thai high society..
- Kiddycare International Kindergarten (Sukhumvit soi 26)
- Anglo Singapore International School (Sukhumvit soi 31)
- IPC Club House (Sukhumvit soi 31)
- IPC International Kindergarten (Sukhumvit soi 31)
- Modern International School (Sukhumvit soi 39)
- Chez Noodles (Sukhumvit soi 39)
- Ladybird International Kindergarten (Sukhumvit soi 39)
- The First Steps International PreSchool (Sukhumvit soi 43)
- Wells International Kindergarten (Sukhumvit soi 47)
- American School of Bangkok (Sukhumvit soi 49)
- City School (Sukhumvit soi 49/4)
- Emporium Shopping Center (Sukhumvit soi 24)
- K Village Open-Air Lifestyle Mall (Sukhumvit soi 26)
- Benjasiri Park (Sukhumvit Rd.)
- Racquet Club (Sukhumvit soi 49/9)
- Rain Hill Boutique Shopping (Sukhumvit soi 47)
- Samitivej Hospital (Sukhumvit soi 49)
- Prommitr Hospital (Sukhumvit soi 39)
There are fees associated with condo purchase that vary slightly but are pretty straight forward. In addition to the sale price which in this case is ฿29,000,000 the buyer is responsible for part (usually 50%) of the 2% transfer fee. The transfer fee is not based on the actual sale price, but the appraisal price from the land department. The seller is responsible for business tax, stamp duty and withholding tax. Along with the sale price, taxes and fees are somewhat negotiable. If you find a property you like, the purchase process usually begins by making a booking deposit along with preparing the sales contract, this holds the property and allowing you the time to prepare and execute the consequent funds transfers before the closing date determined in your contract.
Financing Your Bangkok Real Estate Purchase
Make sure you have your finances in order before viewing condos for sale. It is often difficult for foreigners to get financing for purchasing property in Thailand. If buying a property under your name with cash you must transfer the money into Thailand from a foreign bank. If you have a longstanding Thai corporation you can also purchase property using funds located in a Thailand bank account. If you are a first time Thailand real estate buyer it is best practice to hire an attorney who is well versed in Thai real estate laww.